Hosting Provider Requirements
Hosting providers offer the core open-source functionality of the SEED Platform™ as a hosted service to end-users.
The purpose of approving hosting providers is to ensure that the SEED Platform trademark is being properly used, and end-users who use a SEED-branded service get the experience and core functionality they expect from the SEED Platform application. The operating principle is that modifications to the core open-source code are not allowed, other than minor modifications needed to register plug-ins or make cosmetic changes for purposes of branding the provider’s service offering.
A company offers a subscription-based service for the SEED Platform software at the web site seed.example.com.
Benefits to Technical Ally
- Official standing as Technical Ally, including promotion and recognition opportunities
- License to use SEED Platform trademark
- Limited technical support
- Access to SEED Platform Collaborative community (ability to share product/service offerings with users, user forum, Collaborative calls and webinars, events such as the Better Buildings Challenge)
Hosting provider Technical Allies must meet these requirements annually:
- Pass the SEED Platform hosting approval requirements (described below)
- Execute a SEED Platform trademark sublicense with LBNL.
Please see the Hosting Provider Approval Process document.
Begin the process by filling out the SEED Technical Ally interest form.